Friday, January 27, 2012

Beginning to feel like a Spaniard.

Now that we don't have meetings twice a day, these days are beginning to fly! This week didn't consist of much worth writing about. Each evening from 4-7pm we still have review classes. This morning (Friday) we took a placement test to see which classes I will take.

 I secretly took this picture of one of the two teachers I have had so far. His name is Aralio (Oh-rail-E-O) And he is possibly the worst smelling man I have ever met. BUT he is super funny and very nice :) So he is my favorite so far.
 The classroom is in a "L" shape. This is the side I sit on...
And this is my view from my seat! :)

In my spare time this week I've been walking around checking out places. I went on a run in the park and spent most of the time dodging children, soccer balls, and dogs. Also, there is a duck pond too :) Its funny how your eyes aren't used to seeing open space because as soon as I got to the park I realized how condense the streets and buildings of Granada are. Dad, get ready for some city!




On Wednesday night we went to "Granada 10" which is a nightlife club for college students. Its so pretty! It used to be a theater so it is huge inside and has old architecture. We went there to watch the Madrid vs. Barcelona game. Having zero knowledge in futbol (soccer), it was fun watching the Espanians getting excited and even a friend from my program, Nick from Connecticut, tried explaining to me some of the rules, etc.
Not a very good picture.....because it wasn't even of the big part of the building and it looks like nobody was there. Haha but this is after the game. I will get a better one later. Most people did leave but we stayed and listened to music and danced a little. They dance so much differently than we do.
Besides that, we found a MALL! And it is better than Fort Dodge....barely. Its so hard to walk to school everyday because I walk past 500 shops full of signs that say "REBAJAS" which means sales. So every now and then I stop in and pick something up. For example, I found a leather looking (probably pleather) jacket for 17euros! Which is about $22 usd.

Last night I got together with some friends and we planned out some weekends for potential trips! I will share those when they are set in stone. Also, I will report that the first week and a half here for me was a little bit of a struggle but now I'm starting to feel so much more comfortable and am really liking it. Now that I've been here two week...I can see how the next few months are going to fly.

Now I need to quick pack for MOROCCO, AFRICA!! We leave tonight and take a bus. Tomorrow we will get on a ferry to travel across over to Africa. We will spend time in mountains, on the beaches, in the towns, and then come back Tuesday! Looking forward to sharing pictures and stories then!

Play in the snow for me! Its usually in the 50's everyday here :)
Love,
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment