Saturday, January 14, 2012

A different view!



After a very long 12.5 hours in the air...I've made it to my destination: Granada. The city is by far the most beautiful place I've ever been. We arrived around noon and of course got lost on out way to the hotel. I had to laugh because all the girls were struggling big time with their suitcases but since I'm Central Strong...(of course) lugging my bags up the cobblestone streets was no dificil para me (not difficult for me). My Spanish is very poor but I have enough confidence to try to talk. Most everyone is very friendly and tries to help understand you. We were told to stay awake and go to bed when everyone else does. We grabbed a drink and our first tapas at the Shamrock, which is an English style pub. Funny that we chose there but some friends who have gone to Spain had suggested it previously. By the time it was 10:00pm I realized I had stayed awake for close to 30 hours and called it a night.

Today we explored the city, some people set up their phones, and we checked out some clothing stores. Its hard to remember that the Euro is about 1.35 to our dollar. Also, I'm going to be wearing something like a 45 size shoe. We wanted to sit down and get some tapas (appetizers) but all the stores are closed during the 4-7 hours. My internal clock is pretty messed up but I don't think it will be hard adjusting giving it a few days! Tonight we want to stay up and go out when the city is awake! So time for a siesta! Big day tomorrow as we have our orientation and meet our host family! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment