I've created this blog for all of my family, friends, and loved ones to read while I'm off exploring Europe.
Friday, January 20, 2012
One Week Down...
Mother tells me I'm slacking!! Which is true. During the first two weeks of orientation we are BUSY. So I look forward to this weekend! This week we have have meetings in the mornings and every other day we go on a little excursion. Monday we took a tour around the city and on Wednesday we visited the Albaycin. Basically it is a spa but from hundreds of years ago. It is very well preserved! Then we walked to the top viewing spot of the city. Wow it was gorgeous. Just breathtaking. Usually these tours get done around 1:30pm allowing us enough time to go home and eat lunch (almuerzo) at 2:00pm. Our Seniora makes very different kinds of dishes. Every meal we have no idea what to expect but it hasn't been disappointing yet. Except if I don't get out and run soon I'm going to get fat. They eat a lot at their meals but wait a long time in between and have a very light breakfast. I've been going to review classes from 4-7pm. Somehow I scored higher than I thought I would on my exam so I'm in a challenging class. Afterwards we usually go home and relax before supper at 9:30. Typically we have been going out to pubs afterwards but last night my roommate (cuaderno) and I were so tired we stayed in. AND......I had my first dream (suerno) in Spanish last night. I can't seem to get away from it! Today I ate lunch alone with my host mother, who is very intimidating. But I had a sheet full of questions and words so she helped me. I feel 100 times better after having lunch with her today. That is all for now! Of to escuela :S (school). Miss everyone and am sending love!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment