Friday, February 24, 2012

Choosing to Celebrate

Welp! Being across the world definitely has its PROS and its CONS. For example, my Grandma Pearl turned the big 8-0 today! And even though she was the first person I thought of this morning and I even got to have a good half hour conversation with her on Skype...its not quite the same as the big birthday hug which she would have gotten (and will still be getting) if I was home. So I chose to celebrate Grandma's birthday anyways. How did I do this???


By spending time with my "Spanish (Fill-In) Grandma". Shes painted on the side of a building near where I go to school. No she doesn't sing as pretty in church, make delicious dinners for me and Taylor when we come visit her and Grandpa, nor come to all my athletic events! But she will have to do. And even though the painting is pretty impressive, I know my REAL Grandma could paint her 10 times better!


Love You Grandma! <3 Happy 80th Birthday!!

 (If you can't see the pictures very well, just click on the photo one time and it should get bigger!)

It was a great day! I woke up extra early to get some final studying in for my first exam in Spain. I think I did really well and fingers crossed that I get to move up to the next level! Had a great lunch, beautiful day outside in Granada! Even got to chat with Dad and Taylor when they got up this morning at 8:30. (3:30pm in Spain). Turns out everyone is getting dumped on with snow! I only had to wear a light jacket here (:

Big weekend ahead! I'm taking the night bus tonight! Leaving at 1:30am to Madrid. I'm taking a flight at 11am tomorrow morning to Dublin, Ireland with four other friends!! I can't wait! I'm staying there until Monday...which I will then fly to London to see my best friends: Lindsey, Mallory, and Tess! (Who I play volleyball with at Central) Definitely looking forward to seeing them. I'm thinking visiting them will seem like a little piece of home. I will get to explore London until Thursday when I fly back to Madrid. Oh, the life I'm living! It is unbelievable. I'm so blessed to be able to walk outside, sit in the sunshine, and look at this...


I can't wait to come back on the 1st of March, my MOM'S BIRTHDAY! And blog about the adventures and share the pictures from Ireland and London. Then hard to believe that 5 short days later I will get to SEE MY PARENTS!!!! Words can't describe how excited I am (:

No comments:

Post a Comment